While every team is different, you will increase your chances of building a strong team by incorporating the following 6 tips from your friends at Dale Carnegie Training of the Northwest:
1. Active Team Members — Your team will not function effectively unless each team member is willing to put in an effort. You need team members who are proactive and understanding of their own parts in the larger process.
2. Demonstrate Leadership — If one or more team members demonstrate leadership qualities, you can delegate duties to them and then simply supervise the team. And as you can imagine, this is a more efficient use of a leader’s time. Additionally, a good leader will inspire the best work performance from others and describe and communicate visions and goals clearly and often.
3. Integrity — An effective team is guided by a sense of values. Completing work with integrity means sticking to the company guidelines and mission statement. Workers with a strong sense of integrity do more than simply avoid rule-breaking practices; they ensure the highest quality on all work presented.
4. Goal-Oriented Thinking — To succeed, a team must be able to keep a goal in mind. Future-oriented team members can visualize how their work efforts would create a better future. This type of thinking really galvanizes a team, resulting in a higher level of focus and an emphasis on teamwork.
5. Enthusiasm — Teams always work more efficiently when they are not bogged down by negativity. Successful teams consist of members who maintain realistic perspectives while tackling all problems with enthusiasm and positive attitudes. Keep the FUN in doing business!
6. Ability To Connect — The ability to work well with others is an asset to any team. When team members aren’t buried in interpersonal conflicts, they focus on achieving goals. Workers who demonstrate this quality can get past personality clashes by seeing diversity as an asset and maintaining positive relationships.
Photo credit: freedigitalphotos.net/stockimages